By: Anonymous: Karen ()  Saturday, 11 September 2010 @ 12:49 PM ICT (Read 2527 times)  

Hello,

What is the probability of having my motorbike with a sidecar lifted by someone on the Island of Phuket? Also, the process of getting it back, if this does happen, of course.

Just wondering if there are any "stories" out there and information to be culled from other's experiences.

Thank all of you so much. You are a great group!

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, 11 September 2010 @ 02:02 PM ICT  

Quote by: Karen

Hello,

What is the probability of having my motorbike with a sidecar lifted by someone on the Island of Phuket? Also, the process of getting it back, if this does happen, of course.

Just wondering if there are any "stories" out there and information to be culled from other's experiences.

Thank all of you so much. You are a great group!

Sadly motorcycle theft also happens in Thailand, but if we compare the amount of motorcycles thefts to other countries in the world (keeping in mind the amount of motorcycles, people living there). The theft of motorcycles in Thailand is not that serious problem.

And if thief's go out to steal a motorcycle they concentrate on popular models and motorcycles that are equipped with expensive modifications.

If you buy a Stallion Buddy SME with sidecar I can bet that even if you park it in front of a motorcycle thief unlocked and with the engine running …. he will just walk away... This because he can not make money selling the Stallion bike or Stallion parts on the grey market... This is of course different if you have the latest Honda PCX or other very popular and expensive motorcycles.

Even if you should buy a Tiger Retro 110 with sidecar you not have to worry that much about somebody stealing it... Tiger parts are just not expensive enough to get motorcycle thief's excited.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association