By: Anonymous: Rocker ()  Monday, 30 August 2010 @ 06:58 AM ICT (Read 5047 times)  

My 2001 Honda CBR929 is running fine but, once warmed up, is showing a fault code '44', which is four long flashes followed by four quick flashes of the red warning light, while the fuel-injection symbol is showing on the dash. I've been advised that it's not charging very well and maybe not a all. The Honda CBR929 has only done 5500km, but it hasn't run for quite some time. As it's just a trackbike at the moment and if it's just the regulator, I'll just run it and put it on charge between runs to save me some cash at this time.

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, 30 August 2010 @ 09:38 AM ICT  

Quote by: Rocker

My 2001 Honda CBR929 is running fine but, once warmed up, is showing a fault code '44', which is four long flashes followed by four quick flashes of the red warning light, while the fuel-injection symbol is showing on the dash. I've been advised that it's not charging very well and maybe not a all. The Honda CBR929 has only done 5500km, but it hasn't run for quite some time. As it's just a trackbike at the moment and if it's just the regulator, I'll just run it and put it on charge between runs to save me some cash at this time.

I believe that the error code you describe is error code 35, which indicates a faulty H-VIX servo motor. The H-VIX servo motor is a common problem with the '01 Honda 929.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Charles ()  Monday, 30 August 2010 @ 05:57 PM ICT  

Our idea is that there will be a little lost if you rebuild the engine, especially in the case of a trackbike. If you are going out to enjoy yourself riding the bike, then the current state is OK. But if you find yourself wanting to beat someone else on a similar motorcycle and just can't manage it, then spend some cash on fully repairing the bike and do some fine-tuning....

By: Anonymous: Charles ()  Sunday, 05 September 2010 @ 12:09 PM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

I believe that the error code you describe is error code 35, which indicates a faulty H-VIX servo motor. The H-VIX servo motor is a common problem with the '01 Honda 929.

What does the H-VIX motor do on the CBR929?

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 05 September 2010 @ 12:15 PM ICT  

Quote by: Charles

Quote by: Richard

What does the H-VIX motor do on the CBR929?

H-VIX stands for Honda Variable Intake/Exhaust. The H-VIX servo motor is a device fitted on the Honda CBR929RR engine that constantly adjusts the internal diameter of the exhaust system to better suit engine speed. At low engine speeds the wave pressure within the pipe network is low.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association