By: Anonymous: Phonta ()  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 01:59 PM ICT (Read 4721 times)  

Hi,

I am interested of buing a bike for using in thailand, I do have one Honda CBR 150 ,but it is to small for me. Im have possibility of buing a bike in Sweden from a friend . I have been reading that registration of a imported bike inThailand can be very difficult. I do have housebook and also adress and all papers for living in Thailand. 60.000 for register a new bike its ok money, but how much is it for customs and tax, can some person tell me which paper a do need , and where I can get this paper. also where i should send the bike, Its a Honda Shadow custom 600cc of year 95 ,. it hawe only been used for 1500km so its like a brand neww bike. The price for me is 80.000 THBT here in Sweden , and i thinki will pay a lot more for the same in Thailand.

I should be very happy for information if this is a good buisness for me.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 02:15 PM ICT  

Actually, if you do everything correct – importing a motorcycle into Thailand is not that difficult. It will cost you some money, but if you have nothing against spending money and the price of the motorcycle is good you could buy yourself a good deal.

But importing a motorcycle is not the only thing to worry about, the biggest problems you going to face with getting a motorcycle legal to ride on the public road is to get it past the road safety and pollution inspection. Thailand has probably the toughest exhaust emission rules in the world, even modern motorcycles like the Kawasaki ZX10R are being restricted in performance to pass the emission rules. It's very unlikely that a Honda Shadow 600 from 1995 will pass the emission tests.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Phonta ()  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 03:26 PM ICT  

OK, .............So you think that the problem is to take it thro the test , but is it unlegal to drive o bike without doing this test. Every bike in Thailand can not have been tested and be found OK in this test..Maybe my CBR of 2009 has been tested , I dont know., but every Harley in Phuket , have the really gone thro this test ? I have no knowledge abaut this test . Where do i make it , and do the police really check something like this???

I do wont do drive legally whithout problems

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 04:18 PM ICT  

For the last few years the emission rules in Thailand became more and more strict. And if a motorcycles did received its license plates in 2007 it only needed to qualify in 2007 for the test that time. Now 2010 the emission rules are much higher, even some new motorcycles from Europe will have a hard time passing the test in Thailand.

The new 2010 emission test is also the main reason why the Honda CBR150R is not available anymore in Thailand, it was just to dirty. But CBR150R's who already have a license plate have nothing to worry about...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Phonta ()  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 04:44 PM ICT  

OK,
Thanks o lot for taking time for my qestions, then I have a little more knowledge. But still one more qestion, is it possible to have the green registrationbook without passing this tests?

regards Phonta

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 05:26 PM ICT  

Quote by: Phonta

OK,
Thanks o lot for taking time for my qestions, then I have a little more knowledge. But still one more qestion, is it possible to have the green registrationbook without passing this tests?

regards Phonta

Currently all motorcycle need to pass the motor-vehicle pollution test, if the motorcycle in this case falls on exhaust emission or if during the test period the motorcycle leaks oil or petrol the motorcycle will not receive a license plate or greenbook.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Phonta ()  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 06:31 PM ICT  

Ok, Thanks fore a lot of information, then i will sell my 150 CBR, and then by a japanese chopper in Thailand, I think this will be the best way without big problems . Can you tell me any dealer who maybe can offer chopper 600-1000 cc . I have my residence in Buriram provinse so somewhere Konkaen or Korat schould be the best , of course i also can go to Bangkok if there is anyone thrustful dealer.

Regards from
Phonta

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 @ 10:10 PM ICT  

Quote by: Phonta

Ok, Thanks fore a lot of information, then i will sell my 150 CBR, and then by a japanese chopper in Thailand, I think this will be the best way without big problems . Can you tell me any dealer who maybe can offer chopper 600-1000 cc . I have my residence in Buriram provinse so somewhere Konkaen or Korat schould be the best , of course i also can go to Bangkok if there is anyone thrustful dealer.

Regards from
Phonta

There are plenty of big bike dealers in Thailand, specialy in Bangkok. the problem is that sometime the dealers are selling bike without proper documents (no green book ) so wherever you go, don't buy the bike without document, do not even give a deposit to a dealer without being sure that the documents are available. otherwise you might never see the document and end up with a bike that cannot be sold after. ( this is one of my painfull experience in thailand )

best regards

Sylvain

By: Anonymous: Phonta ()  Thursday, 19 August 2010 @ 11:49 AM ICT  

Thanks for good advise,

I am sorry to say that I have learn a lot about how many dealers think in Thailand. I will promise you I will have my wifw with me and she is really streetsmart ...................... And no greenbook ,no money.

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association