11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: news (offline)  Sunday, 18 July 2010 @ 03:02 PM ICT (Read 7422 times)  

Suzuki Motor, which owns 52.06 percent of Thai Suzuki, wanted to buy all the shares in Thai Suzuki because the Japanese firm planned to operate motorcycles retail sales in Thailand by itself, a source from Thai Suzuki said.

Loss-making SP Suzuki attributed the de-listing from the Thai stock-exchange to its plan to quit the motorcycle business, where competition is intense, the statement said.

SP Suzuki, which also canceled distribution and dealership agreements with Thai Suzuki, made a net loss of 9 million baht in the first quarter of 2010.

Suzuki has about 4 percent of the motorcycle market in Thailand, while Honda Motor Co. has 67 percent and Yamaha Motor Co. 27 percent, according to industry data.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 18 July 2010 @ 03:22 PM ICT  

Finally we get some organization behind the distribution of Suzuki, likely we also will get some more clearer answers about Suzuki Big Bikes.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: tigersachsclub (offline)  Sunday, 18 July 2010 @ 03:23 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Suzuki Motor, which owns 52.06 percent of Thai Suzuki, wanted to buy all the shares in Thai Suzuki because the Japanese firm planned to operate motorcycles retail sales in Thailand by itself, a source from Thai Suzuki said.

Loss-making SP Suzuki attributed the de-listing from the Thai stock-exchange to its plan to quit the motorcycle business, where competition is intense, the statement said.

SP Suzuki, which also canceled distribution and dealership agreements with Thai Suzuki, made a net loss of 9 million baht in the first quarter of 2010.

Suzuki has about 4 percent of the motorcycle market in Thailand, while Honda Motor Co. has 67 percent and Yamaha Motor Co. 27 percent, according to industry data.

I don't think this are bad news...would be nice if the same thing is happening with ap honda too( although unlikely to happen)...their variety really sucks now( aphonda)...more variety also on larger bikes gives us better choices....

Are we going to see the same development as on kawasaki now? Bigger suzuki bikes for a decent price? at least im hoping

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox
"i wanna ride you!"

tigersachsclub

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 18 July 2010 @ 03:44 PM ICT  

One of the hold-backs in the old Suzuki distribution construction was the financial aspect of distributing big bikes in Thailand. For example one big bike Suzuki Hayabusha is equal in value to about 17 small Suzuki scooters in stock.

For a company, which made a net loss of 9 million Baht in the first quarter of 2010, it's difficult to find people who want to invest large amounts of money into something like big bikes.

So with Suzuki Japan behind the distribution, we can finally see big bikes coming. The Japanese mother company authorized Thailand for big bikes almost one year ago...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: gmac ()  Monday, 19 July 2010 @ 12:02 PM ICT  

Any change in the Thai market must be for the better. What I don't understand is why there is virtually no market between scooters at 125cc and 'big bikes'. Surely there is a demand at 150cc - 250cc level for proper motorcycles.

By: Anonymous: Ric ()  Monday, 19 July 2010 @ 12:45 PM ICT  

Most motorcycle manufacturers, financial reasons, like to use as much components as possible to make as much bike models as possible. With that in mind you could see the following numbers 110, 125, 250cc. 110Cc is important for several countries around the world as it can used without drivers license. 125Cc is universally accepted as the entry motorcycle engine size, from America to Europe and from Japan to Africa everywhere you see 125cc motorcycles.

250cc is in many countries a popular learner motorcycle, and for many people around the world 250cc is the most practical motorcycle size they can buy. For ASEAN, the member countries have set 250cc as the largest small engine size, giving it a big TAX and value advantage.

By: Anonymous: Gixxer ()  Monday, 19 July 2010 @ 04:32 PM ICT  

Write me down for a Suzuki GSX-R600

By: REDDY (offline)  Monday, 19 July 2010 @ 04:46 PM ICT  

I hope this means more models available to choose from.

I believe the market saturated with scooter and underbone models, and there is a gap between these makes and big bikes. Hopefully, they realize and exploit that.

(Crossing fingers for new DR series bikes to be distributed locally...)

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: W.Walters ()  Tuesday, 20 July 2010 @ 11:17 AM ICT  

I had a talk with my Suzuki dealer when I was there for a service appointment. He told me that Suzuki motorcycles is bankrupt and they break the agreements with the dealers. How about my warranty, my motorcycle is just two months old?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 20 July 2010 @ 11:28 AM ICT  

First Suzuki motorcycles Thailand is not bankrupt, one of its distributors has financial problems

The Suzuki distributor - SP-Suzuki - terminated its distributorship agreement with Suzuki Motorcycle (Thailand) and consequently terminate the dealership agreements it had with all local Suzuki dealers, as the Japanese manufacturer intense to operate retail sales itself in Thailand.

As of March 2010, SP-Suzuki has 101.65 million baht worth of Suzuki bikes in its inventory, which all are now being transferred to Suzuki Motorcycle (Thailand). And Suzuki Motorcycle (Thailand) will take over the dealership agreements SP-Suzuki had with all local dealers – including warranty, financial and service agreements.
Ride On

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: smile ()  Thursday, 22 July 2010 @ 07:10 AM ICT  

Any chance that they bring back the Suzuki Raider R150?

11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association