By: Anonymous: hobo ()  Sunday, 11 July 2010 @ 01:47 AM ICT (Read 3106 times)  

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me about importing my 1999 Yamaha 650cc dragstar to Thailand also my trailer, ie registering etc and are there any clubs, chapters in Muang Loei area (North East) as I plan to live with my wife in the not too distant future. I have had a shipping cost which was very reasonable.
Any information much appreciated

Click on image to open

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 13 July 2010 @ 10:25 AM ICT  

Most people who are in the Thai motorcycle/automotive business will advice against importing your own motorcycle. And if you still determine to take your motorcycle to Thailand, please contact a professional transport company which can do the whole paperwork and Thai custom clearing for you. Please safe yourself the trouble, stress and headache of dealing with Thai custom officers.

For some indications of the costs of getting your motorcycle into Thailand you can look at our [staticpageRazzermanent_Import_of_Personal_Vehicles Permanent Vehicle Import page]. Also do not forget that Thailand has one of the toughest regulations on exhaust emission in the world, so if your motorcycle did pass the emission rules in Australia, New-Zealand or the USA it will not automatically mean that it will pass the exhaust emission test in Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Wednesday, 14 July 2010 @ 07:30 PM ICT  

Hi Hobo,

Forget about importing your bike into Thailand, it is going to be a pain in the neck to get the documents,and the import duties are very high.

I recommend that you sell your bike ,and that you buy a new one, once you arrive in Thailand, less headache.

For the trailer , i am not so sure if you can import it in Thailand, because i have never seen such kind of trailer in Thailand, further more i am not sure if trailers are street legal in Thailand or not.

you should check with your transportation company.

bye

Sylvain

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association