17 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Saturday, 03 July 2010 @ 08:34 AM ICT (Read 22301 times)  

Currently I have a INDEX Shark helmet which fits good but is a bit heavy (medium seize at 1350gr), hot and not DOT approved (as far as I can see). Maybe its the weight or the design but after a few hours driving a always feel a bit of headache.

Living at the Eastern Seaboard there are no local shops selling good helmets at all (well the Kawa shop had some reasonble full-face helmets).

So where in BKK would be the place with the most choice in good helmets?

What kind of helmets woud you recommend for use in Thailand? Maybe a helmet with airco?

Chang Noi

By: Anonymous: Jpp ()  Monday, 05 July 2010 @ 04:29 PM ICT  

Hi,
I bought mine on Ratchada at Pro Shop Paddock. They have a good choice of quality helmets (Shoei, Arai, HJC..)
HJC is comfortable, not heavy, respond to international safety standards and is price friendly as well.

By: Matty (offline)  Monday, 05 July 2010 @ 07:48 PM ICT  

You can find some good quality helmets on e-bay. i have purchased 2 from e-bay. i go to a motorcycle shop, check the price and size, then order from e-bay, its much cheaper than buying from a shop in Australia, im not sure about the prices in Thailand.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 10:13 AM ICT  

I'll add my vote for Paddock but 'real' helmets are not cheap. As you know ventilation is the key here. Read up on helmet reviews especially said ventilation. Depending on your head shape Shoei X-11 has good ventilation but I am sure there are more.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 04:35 PM ICT  

Well was today at the Kawasaki Big Bike shop and they sell the Real Ozzy helmet with double vizier but only in L and XL while Real makes them in XS,S,M,L and XL. And L is to big for me. Helmet weight should be about 1000gr (350gr less as my Index/Shark). They also had a GVG helmet, but there the L size was too small for me.

So where can I buy a Real Ozzy helmet in size L?

Chang Noi

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 04:38 PM ICT  

Eh I meant to write .... Real Ozzy helmet size M ....

Chang Noi

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 06:01 PM ICT  

What is the budget you have available for buying a helmet?

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: SameSame ()  Thursday, 08 July 2010 @ 11:12 PM ICT  

What is a Index Shark helmet is that a Index looking like a Shark lid or is Thai Index producing Shark helmets and also market them under its own name???

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Wednesday, 14 July 2010 @ 07:02 PM ICT  

Quote by: SameSame

What is a Index Shark helmet is that a Index looking like a Shark lid or is Thai Index producing Shark helmets and also market them under its own name???

Hi, Shark Helmets are produced only by Shark company, they have been ECE and DOT approved, and are street legal in Thailand (T.I.S )

Shark helmets are in composite and carbon fibers not in polycarbonate injected plastic.

if you want more information on our products , please visit our website : www.shark.in.th

bye

Sylvain

Shark helmet Thailand exclusive distributor and wholesaler

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

By: Anonymous: maipenrai ()  Wednesday, 14 July 2010 @ 08:04 PM ICT  

Quote by: shark

Quote by: SameSame

Hi, Shark Helmets are produced only by Shark company, they have been ECE and DOT approved, and are street legal in Thailand (T.I.S )

Shark helmets are in composite and carbon fibers not in polycarbonate injected plastic.

if you want more information on our products , please visit our website : www.shark.in.th
bye

Sylvain

Shark helmet Thailand exclusive distributor and wholesaler

Hi Shark,

Can you tell us the prices of the helmets? Specially this open face helmet i am interested about.

thank you maipenrai

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Wednesday, 14 July 2010 @ 08:23 PM ICT  

Dear maipanrai,

you can visit the website of each our retailers to get the price list of every helmets.

The open face helmet (THE SHARK RSJ ) is around 11 000 baht ( composite fibers, double visors neutral and dark shade ) 5 years national warranty.

the RSJ are available at harley davidson bangkok and in Rider shop at silom soi 9 (you will find the adress on my website)

if you want to have more informations about the helmets, you can download our catalogue on our website, or visit : www.shark.in.th

Bye

Sylvain

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

By: Anonymous: masuk39 ()  Thursday, 15 July 2010 @ 02:11 PM ICT  

I'm going to buy a bike in Thailand soon, but how about helmets. Is it worth bringing one with me from Australia or is the cost the same in Thailand?

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Thursday, 15 July 2010 @ 11:02 PM ICT  

Quote by: masuk39

I'm going to buy a bike in Thailand soon, but how about helmets. Is it worth bringing one with me from Australia or is the cost the same in Thailand?

Dear Masuk 39

there are all kinds of helmets available in Thailand, the price here is almost the same as it is in Australia (because of the import duties and sales taxes )

Shark helmets are available in thailand

We have all kinds of helmets ( open face, full face, flip up ) so i am sure that you will find one for you.

Best regards

Sylvain

Shark helmets Thailand national distributor

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

By: Anonymous: AMNAN ()  Tuesday, 03 August 2010 @ 12:25 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chang Noi

Currently I have a INDEX Shark helmet which fits good but is a bit heavy (medium seize at 1350gr), hot and not DOT approved (as far as I can see). Maybe its the weight or the design but after a few hours driving a always feel a bit of headache.

Living at the Eastern Seaboard there are no local shops selling good helmets at all (well the Kawa shop had some reasonble full-face helmets).

So where in BKK would be the place with the most choice in good helmets?

What kind of helmets woud you recommend for use in Thailand? Maybe a helmet with airco?

Chang Noi

Hello sir,

Is your index shark an open face type?

How much is it?

i'm from Malaysia.

I'm searcing for index shark helmet.

By: Anonymous: silly ()  Tuesday, 03 August 2010 @ 01:40 PM ICT  

Things get confusing, but as I see it we talking here about two brand names;

1) Shark helmets is a brand name,
2) Index helmets is a brand name.

Both have nothing to do with another.

17 posts :: Page 1 of 2