24 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: CrAcKeZ ()  Friday, 29 February 2008 @ 10:24 PM ICT (Read 34308 times)  

Hi,

Soon I will buy a Honda CBR 125R it's a used bike and it's 05 model(all 04-06 models are the same I think), so if I use some kit to make it 195cc or even 197cc(197.55cc to be precise with 73mm piston) the only thing that I must change is the piston, cylinder and the head(I have a nice head that I can put to this) of the bike?

P.S. I mean I'm woried about the gearbox and the crankshaft, do you have to change that two or it's ok to leave the stock one's

By: Anonymous: SpeedStar ()  Monday, 03 March 2008 @ 12:27 PM ICT  

Any performance modification to your motorcycle will have effect on the lifespan of your engine and the complete bike. This in mind, it is best you not buy the cheapest motor oil; if it was me I would buy the best money could buy. But then I probably would not upgrade my CBR-125R all the way up to 197cc. I probably would be happy at 176cc or something in that neighborhood.

All this said, it is not necessary to change the crankshaft. There are stronger / heavier crankshafts available, but then to have to also change the counter weight of the flywheel for balancing.

By: Anonymous: CrAcKeZ ()  Sunday, 09 March 2008 @ 08:54 PM ICT  

Quote by: SpeedStar

Any performance modification to your motorcycle will have effect on the lifespan of your engine and the complete bike. This in mind, it is best you not buy the cheapest motor oil; if it was me I would buy the best money could buy. But then I probably would not upgrade my CBR-125R all the way up to 197cc. I probably would be happy at 176cc or something in that neighborhood.

All this said, it is not necessary to change the crankshaft. There are stronger / heavier crankshafts available, but then to have to also change the counter weight of the flywheel for balancing.

We are going on a huge project and putting a 4v DOHC cylinder head on a cbr 125. Propably we will put a wiseco piston with 67mm diameter.

P.S. I'm really worried about the "gearbox and the crankshaft" if they can handle the extra horse power. Now for the "Any performance modification to your motorcycle will have effect on the lifespan of your engine and the complete bike" I know don't worry, I always use best parts.. I just wanted to know if it can handle 197cc because if it can I can tell my mechanic to raise the compression ratio from 11:1 that is stock to 11.5:1 or 12:1 on the new 67mm wiseco piston. If you know about the gearbox and the crankshaft please reply. Wiseco if you don't know is making very quality forged pistons.

By: Anonymous: str8ghtpipes ()  Monday, 26 May 2008 @ 04:07 AM ICT  

have 125 and have done a boat load of stuff to it pipes intake. looking to see how much it will be for parts

By: Anonymous: PIPES ()  Monday, 26 May 2008 @ 04:11 AM ICT  

AND is it a bolt up no modd thing.ITS AN 08
does it use the same down pipes ,intake, and tb,injectors?
in canada and would need these thins shiped here anybody done this yet would love to chat with them
str8ghtpipes@hotmail.com

By: isam (offline)  Monday, 07 July 2008 @ 08:56 PM ICT  

im interested in upgrading my cbr 125 also but need to know where to by the kit,i wouldnt up grade more than 175 max because of the moror it self

isam

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Monday, 07 July 2008 @ 09:45 PM ICT  

Hi Isam,

It is maybe a good idea to tell where you from, and are you willing to order parts from Thailand (if you not from here)?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: SAM ()  Monday, 07 July 2008 @ 10:45 PM ICT  

you do not have to change the crank at all,my question is where can you get the honda head and piston,ive not been able to locate anything but im able to read about it only,do you have a contact.

By: Anonymous: sam ()  Monday, 07 July 2008 @ 10:57 PM ICT  

Quote by: isam

im interested in upgrading my cbr 125 also but need to know where to by the kit,i wouldnt up grade more than 175 max because of the moTOR it self, im from canada and nothing is avalible here

By: Anonymous: Pierre ()  Thursday, 28 August 2008 @ 05:51 PM ICT  

hi
i have just resently bought myself a 2008 honda cbr125r (used)
and i was wondering where in south africa gauteng will i be able go get my honda good performance kits
in order to give it a higher topend and a faster acceleration or just getting it to a safe cc
eg. 175-195 that wont put too much strain on the engine because i want to get the most performance out of it
as possible ,without damaging it

if any one could pls help me
regards
Big Grin

By: Anonymous: mrt ()  Thursday, 06 November 2008 @ 01:15 AM ICT  

Where can you get a convertion kit in thailand? is there a website? and how much?

By: Anonymous: Quinton ()  Monday, 10 November 2008 @ 08:38 AM ICT  

Where can you get the 150-195cc bore kit for Honda cbr150?

By: Anonymous: mic ()  Wednesday, 12 November 2008 @ 06:26 PM ICT  

On this forum, I see a lot of questions about where to buy racing parts for CBR 125-150, Raider 150, Yamaha etc... But never see any answer.
Is it a legend about racing parts produced in Thailand or nobody is willing to have business?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 13 November 2008 @ 04:44 AM ICT  

The main problem with buying engine upgrades for the Honda CBR-125 or CBR-150 is that are sold in Thailand. In Thailand the English language is not as common as we all would like. For example my local, around the corner, motorcycle repair shop has several parts on stock which we can consider engine upgrades for a Honda CBR-125 or 150, but the owner speaks only a few words English (hello, bye bye).

Of course you have a few smart persons who jumped into this market of motorcycle spare parts, like Aseanmoto and Faddybike, but then the prices also get accordingly more expensive.

I know that Motorcycle Thailand E-zine is working on some sort of motorcycle and parts sale idea themselves, to take prices back to a acceptable level.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: mic ()  Tuesday, 18 November 2008 @ 07:06 AM ICT  

But you, for example, you speak a good english and look like you have a very goog knowledge ok thailand market.
You still don't give any address or website of any dealer. Is it a secret?
For communication, there is no problem. Everybody can always arange with a friend or a workmate.

So, go on...

24 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association