By: Anonymous: B.Peacock ()  Saturday, 22 May 2010 @ 09:19 AM ICT (Read 4894 times)  

I recently bought a new 650cc. The Kawasaki ER-6N is awesome compared to my 2005 Honda CBR150. What I want to know is, will using Shell V-Power fuel make any difference? I know it runs at a higher octane, so it should give me more power? What do you reckon?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, 22 May 2010 @ 12:34 PM ICT  

There are two different aspects of running Shell V-Power “super” fuel. Firstly, you have the higher RON rating. Sadly, running a higher octane in your motorcycle won't reap any performance benefits unless your engine is tuned. Some top end cars and motorcycles can automatically adjust ignition advance to suit different fuels, so they can see a serious gain in performance., but you won't.

A Dynojet Power Commander and the Dynojet Ignition Module would give you that option, but don't expect big gains. We have a friend who has all the Dynojet accessories installed on his motorcycle and he gained only 7 hp. However, Shell also claims that V-Power can improve engine performance by helping to remove power-robbing deposits. A cleaner engine burns fuel more effectively, enabling the engine to run more smoothly.

It also contains Shell's unique Friction Modification Technology (FMT), as used by Ferrari in Formula One. Reducing friction inside your engine helps your motorcycle run more efficiently, which is one of the reasons why Shell V-Power can begin to improve your motorcycle's responsiveness from the moment you use it.

That makes sense, in theory. The only way to find out for sure is tho chuck a couple of tanks through, have a good thrash, and see if you notice a difference.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Warp Racer (offline)  Wednesday, 30 June 2010 @ 04:34 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

There are two different aspects of running Shell V-Power “super” fuel. Firstly, you have the higher RON rating. Sadly, running a higher octane in your motorcycle won't reap any performance benefits unless your engine is tuned. Some top end cars and motorcycles can automatically adjust ignition advance to suit different fuels, so they can see a serious gain in performance., but you won't.

A Dynojet Power Commander and the Dynojet Ignition Module would give you that option, but don't expect big gains. We have a friend who has all the Dynojet accessories installed on his motorcycle and he gained only 7 hp. However, Shell also claims that V-Power can improve engine performance by helping to remove power-robbing deposits. A cleaner engine burns fuel more effectively, enabling the engine to run more smoothly.

It also contains Shell's unique Friction Modification Technology (FMT), as used by Ferrari in Formula One. Reducing friction inside your engine helps your motorcycle run more efficiently, which is one of the reasons why Shell V-Power can begin to improve your motorcycle's responsiveness from the moment you use it.

That makes sense, in theory. The only way to find out for sure is tho chuck a couple of tanks through, have a good thrash, and see if you notice a difference.

I use it for the FMT additives, since I'm already running a good synthetic oil Putoline http://www.putoline.com/en/products/product-recommendation/result/6kFUqOb5reVd/ducati-999-s-biposto-monoposto-2003-2004/, I thought I would stick with anything good for the engine.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN
OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Warp Racer

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Karl ()  Friday, 02 July 2010 @ 08:18 AM ICT  

do you have a overview on which station (Bangkok and Up Country) I can get Benzine 95

after Shell is stopping V-Power at last Month, it is a big Problem fot getting Super-Benzine (95)

but my bike nedd Benzine 95 for running very well

By: Warp Racer (offline)  Saturday, 03 July 2010 @ 02:50 PM ICT  

Quote by: Karl

do you have a overview on which station (Bangkok and Up Country) I can get Benzine 95

after Shell is stopping V-Power at last Month, it is a big Problem fot getting Super-Benzine (95)

but my bike nedd Benzine 95 for running very well

Me personally I can't provide too much. As long as I can pull up at a gas station and get 95 something and it's the most expensive, then in it goes. With Shell V-power supposedly being canned, I will go with a buddy who has used ethanl based fuel in his new Ducati 1198 Base with no ill effects. I'm also looking at getting an octane booster from my Putoline dealer, buyt I more than likely won't need it.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN
OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Warp Racer

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: monoguy (offline)  Tuesday, 16 November 2010 @ 11:03 PM ICT  

Hi, I'm looking for Putoline product also. pls advice where can i get it in bangkok?

Jeffrey

monoguy

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association