By: Anonymous: Thomas ()  Monday, 18 January 2010 @ 10:37 AM ICT (Read 6910 times)  

I want to buy a new honda CBR 150 MODEL 2009/2008/2007 BLACK Sad
And i do'nt know where i can buy it Sad
Please tell me :!
Thx very much !!!

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, 18 January 2010 @ 11:39 AM ICT  

Official the 2007 was the last model, for the Honda CBR150R, in 2008 and 2009 Honda introduced no new models. In January 2009 Honda announced that they would stop selling carburetor motorcycles in Thailand by 2010.

With this information and the low or no availability of models like the Honda CBR150R you can assume that Honda stopped production and waits until Honda dealers sold the last stock. Motorcycle Thailand

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Al ()  Wednesday, 03 February 2010 @ 09:16 AM ICT  

What do you think, will Honda introduce a Fuel-injection model for the CBR150R?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 03 February 2010 @ 09:37 AM ICT  

It's unlikely that Honda will create a new unique product, like the CBR150R, for the Thai domestic market only. Export of a future motorcycle is needed to justify the development cost. The ASEAN market is working toward a single market, same rules and law regarding motorcycles. The first indication was that Thailand raised the maximum engine combustion to 250cc, and since this year ASEAN has free trade of motorcycles below 250cc. Not start running over the border and take bikes back into the country, the motorcycles still need to meet the latest Thai 2010 emission rules to be allowed on the public road. It's unlikely that the current motorcycles available in ASEAN countries would meet the latest Thai emission standard.

Sure we all would prefer Honda to build our ideal dream bike, but in the end, a company like Honda is powered by marketing demand. 125Cc motorcycles are high in demand, 150cc is something like a dieing size. Honda Thailand and Hero-Honda (India) have however jointly developed a 223cc PGM-FI budget priced motorcycle.

But for the power hungry CBR150R riders, Honda had surely not you in mind when they created it. The power produced is likely to excite 17 to 18 horsepower, the bike is clearly designed to give a sporty impression but with fuel-economics higher on the priority list. The bike fuel-economics will be around 44 to 58 km/liter (Overall based on 75% city riding and 25% highway you get 47.5km/liter).

I not believe that the whole, Indian built, bike will be introduced in Thailand, but most of the joint Thai-Indian development work went into the engine and the fueling of the motorcycle. The 223cc engine is similar to what Honda uses in Japan, Indonesia, and a few more Asian countries for budget models, the involvement of Honda Thailand could be an indication that Honda Thailand is also working on a budget motorcycle based on the same, or similar engine.

If I needed to bet on numbers for the future of a model what comes close to the performance of the Honda CBR150R I would select the numbers 125, 223, and 250 for being the engine combustion capacity.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: nonews ()  Thursday, 11 February 2010 @ 12:05 PM ICT  

Hi,

I've actually read a Q and A to this question via a friend (Thai) on the Thai Honda website boards, and have had a reply to say it will be rolled out in 4 months time. I have no way of knowing if this is true.

It would be nice if a Thai reader and writer could contact Honda via e-mail and ask the question. I'm sure there are quite a few interested in this. I for one have been holding back and will only buy if it is indeed changed over to injection. No one mentioned a brand new bike, simply and update to it's fuel feed which can hardly be to difficult. The design is ageless!

We will see, but they are still available in showrooms and I don't buy the stopped production bit at all. I've been hearing that since 2007!

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association