43 posts :: Page 2 of 3
By: Anonymous: BB addict ()  Wednesday, 29 December 2010 @ 06:08 PM ICT  

Lifan what a name for a motorcycle company 555555

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 29 December 2010 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

Quote by: BB addict

Lifan what a name for a motorcycle company 555555

Not so long ago names like Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha were also good for a good laughter... And so in the years to come we will see how the market accepts the name Lifan (or not).

For cars, some Lifan cars have in Europe already a higher safety standard then some Renaults, Fords, Suzuki, and Honda. This test are done by European safety testing companies hired by European countries for allowing cars on the road....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Smash ()  Wednesday, 29 December 2010 @ 06:14 PM ICT  

Weirder names than 'Lifan' out there.
How about the 'Suzuki Smash' for example?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 29 December 2010 @ 06:19 PM ICT  

Quote by: Smash

Weirder names than 'Lifan' out there.
How about the 'Suzuki Smash' for example?

If we are talking about the Suzuki Smash... Insurance companies should charge more to get a Smash insured...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Saturday, 01 January 2011 @ 08:03 PM ICT  

Where can I see and test one?

By: Anonymous: Lifan don't Lif ()  Saturday, 01 January 2011 @ 10:45 PM ICT  

Any bicycle shop!
Laughing Out Loud

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 01 January 2011 @ 11:19 PM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous

Where can I see and test one?

First to help people to get in contact with a Lifan dealer it would be nice to know where you're located. The Lifan dealer network is growing very fast so if not today next week your town can have a dealer...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: sweden ()  Tuesday, 04 January 2011 @ 02:32 PM ICT  

Hi i buy me Lifan in Wapi pathum 2 mounths ago and its brun wery well im happy whit the bike and my wife love to ride it to

sweden...

By: Anonymous: PaulD ()  Thursday, 06 January 2011 @ 11:00 AM ICT  

Well I bought one in Chiang Mai. It came (and I am very particular about receiving something new) without flaws. After some time of breaking it in, I got it to 120, but acceleration by then was slow. It might improve. On the other hand, it does show far better torque than Phantom or Boss at lower and middle rpm's - I read that this Lifan 250 peaks torque at 6000 rpm, though there is no indicator. In fact, there is no fuel gauge, but it does have a trip meter and a reserve. Suites me.

There is no wobble at any speed, nor any irregularity in performance. It is very comfortable, though not, I think, for tall riders, not because of the low seat but due to the relative closeness of the foot control. But seat and springs are very easy on the spine and cope nicely with the lesser bumps I've encountered so far. I find the front springs a bit soft. Rear springs and shocks are adjustable.

We've had some chilly days in town, but the bike fires at once with the choke activated. For those who know the region, I can say that rides up Doi Suthep and the Samoeng circle, and the one to Phrao were good tests. As I say, handling is good and power (for me) satisfying. I intentionally used the rear brakes a lot on the Samoeng descent and find them improving, but not the same, yet, as discs. But I have done quick stops from higher speeds and am happy.

I hope those making fun of the bike get to ride it. For what it is, it is a good model. Everyone must admit however, that its long term reliability has yet to be demonstrated here in Thailand, where it is made (though it's been sold in the States for 4 or 5 years with no alarming concerns that I have found).

By: Anonymous: Peter ()  Friday, 08 April 2011 @ 06:57 PM ICT  

Hi there,

Did you write the story about driving a Lifan V250 around Mahasarakham? If so, can you please give me some brief info if your bike is still peforming well after 3 months and how does it compare to your friends Phantom eg what top speed do you get.

A few of us have Phantoms over in Nakhon Phanom but I was looking at the Lifan today and fancy a change -- for 79,000.

regards,

Peter

By: Anonymous: PaulD ()  Saturday, 09 April 2011 @ 09:01 AM ICT  

No, I did not write that story. All I can suggest, if someone near you has one, is to ride the Lifan. It is called a clone to the Virago 250, but it is not, though the engine may be. For example, the rear fender is now plastic, which does not bother me a bit (cheaper to replace). Early on on p. 1, someone suggested that the Lifan 250 is weak. I disagree. However, just by horsepower or torque figures, you can tell that the new Honda "CBR" is far faster.

As I wrote elsewhere, 5th gear is almost like an overdrive, but 2nd through 4th gears are quick for a 250 cruiser. The seat is low, but I prefer that because it adds to the low center of gravity and is very comfortable. To me, such a bike is less maneuverable, but easy to ride, which is my idea of touring.

What I like (and I owned a Tiger 250), aside from the comfort and feet position is the feel of a twin. It is not necessarily better or faster, but it is smooth. Acceleration and hill climbing are all I want here in Thailand, and unless they are modified, I can smoke any Phantom or Boss. But that's not my style.

By: Anonymous: Goat Rider ()  Monday, 11 April 2011 @ 10:41 AM ICT  

Quote by: Daniel

I'm interested in buying a Lifan LF250-B, where can I buy one?

The head office address below;

Lifan Manufacture (Thailand) Co., LTD
84/112-114 M00 7, Soi Tha Kham Rd., Samaedum, Bangkhuntiean, Bangkok 10150

Tel: 0-2895-4754, 0-2895-6083
Fax: 0-2895-6083

บริษัท ลี่ฟาน แมนูแฟคเจอร์(ไทยแลนด์) จำกัด.
84/112-114 ม.7 ซอย สน.ท่าข้าม แขวงแสมดำ เขตบางขุนเทียน กรุงเทพฯ 10150
ประเทศไทย

By: Anonymous: BKKbiker ()  Friday, 03 June 2011 @ 04:10 PM ICT  

Lifan Thailand has moved, the new address is

Lifan Thailand
73 Soi Rama 2 Road, Soi 30
Bangmod Chomthong
Bangkok 10150
Tel. 02-8945-940 or 02-8945-940

73 ซอยพระรามที่2 ซอย30 แขวงบางมด เขตจอมทอง กรุงเทพมหานคร 10150 ประเทศไทย

Click on image to open

By: Anonymous: OConnor ()  Friday, 30 September 2011 @ 08:27 AM ICT  

I am wondering where the show room is in Thailand!! do they have a good parts dept? whats the exhaust sound like? can you just Buy a Lifan 250cc V-Twin engine in Thailand??

Thanks tom OConnor Pattaya Thailand!!!
fire2770@yahoo.com

By: news (offline)  Friday, 30 September 2011 @ 08:09 PM ICT  

The Lifan V-twin 250cc engine is 100% manufactured in Thailand, so yes I have the idea they sell it in Thailand. They sell a lot of engines in Thailand...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

43 posts :: Page 2 of 3