19 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Max ()  Wednesday, 11 September 2013 @ 04:52 PM ICT (Read 7942 times)  

Avoid bangkokbikesrental.com !!

Dear fellow bikers. I've been renting countless bikes over Asia for the past 7 years, bangkokbikesrental is the worst place I've ever experienced. Old, badly maintained bikes, very rude service and an aggressive owner couple. Please avoid this place at all costs and save yourself money, headache and time!!

The bike we rented had over 40k km but I was assured it works fine upon pick up. After 50km out of Bangkok the engine started to switch off several times with no good reason, after 100km the gear box got stuck in 4th gear. This was all not too bad, bikes do malfunction from time to time. What followed was, however, worst service I ever experienced:

We called the shop, they told us "My bike very good, Im sure good engine, I dont believe you bike broken." Being extremely rude and unhelpful on the phone, the shop's owner finally believed us that a bike stuck in 4th gear is not a minor problem and kinda difficult to drive, and asked us to bring the bike to Kawasaki Pattaya. Unfortunately the owner gave us the wrong address, so we ended up searching for 2 hours ourselves.

We then asked for a replacement bike, but never got one. Instead we got more astonishingly rude SMS from the owners (probably intoxicated) farang husband in the middle of the night. We decided to get a new proper bike from a rental in Pattaya and continued on our tour east early next morning.

When we arrived back in Bangkok to pick up our ID and money the owner charged us 3000.- baht for bringing the broken bike back to Bangkok (is this a scam scheme to make money?). And because she decided to go shopping on a Friday afternoon (even we told her we would come that day) we had to wait 3 hours in melting heat in front of the store.

In the end, we paid 3000,-THB for a bike that didnt work, got rude SMS and a ridiculously unprofessional service at bangkok bikes rental. Please avoid this place at all costs and save yourself a big headache. You might get lucky and get a bike that works and everything is fine, but a bike rental store defines itself how it treats its customers when a bikes actually brakes down.

IF YOUR RENTED BIKE WILL BRAKE DOWN ON YOUR TRIP YOU WILL BE IN FOR A NIGHTMARE WITH BANGKOK BIKES RENTAL. There are other good places in Bangkok that pop up on google search, better go there.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Wednesday, 11 September 2013 @ 06:01 PM ICT  

Thanks for the warning Max and thanks MT for publishing it.

Maybe also notify various travel websites and other bike sites, sending a copy to the rental mob.

By: fred (offline)  Wednesday, 11 September 2013 @ 07:30 PM ICT  

Thanks for the warning Max.

Please post on other forums as well so that people be aware and those crocks be out of business for good. (thaivisa bikes forum would be good)

you might report to the police as well, maybe waste of time, but who knows the outcome..

Have a safe trip and enjoy your riding!

fred

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 11 September 2013 @ 07:58 PM ICT  

Since the beginning of this year (2013) the Thai government has new rules for renting a motor vehicle. Currently I have no English version of the new rules, but I will try to get this new rules.

Any complains about a vehicle rental company should be addressed to the Thai Consumer Protection Board www.ocpb.go.th (they have a good amount of English information on the website)

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Max (offline)  Wednesday, 11 September 2013 @ 11:18 PM ICT  

I'm not the OP by the way, just share the same name, but I thought I'd check out whether anyone has actually recommended this company. On the GT Rider website 2 people are praising them but as seems to be par for the course neither have ever rented a bike from Bangkok Bike Rental. The moral here is only listen to people like the OP who have had actual experience of renting from a company.

Max

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Tony ()  Thursday, 12 September 2013 @ 12:15 AM ICT  

"On the GT Rider website 2 people are praising them but as seems to be par for the course neither have ever rented a bike from Bangkok Bike Rental."

Vested interests perhaps!

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 12 September 2013 @ 07:13 AM ICT  

People keep in mind that one customer with a bad experience doesn't make a bad company. Sure every customer deserves good and honest service, but I can imagine situations that somebody would be a moody when being called... I read that they also communicated in the middle of the night.

The thing is, that with the story from “Anonymous”: Max we only hear one side of the story, and to my experience with situations like this there is always something that is not told.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Franck BBR ()  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 02:56 PM ICT  

[/img]

Quote by: news

People keep in mind that one customer with a bad experience doesn't make a bad company. Sure every customer deserves good and honest service, but I can imagine situations that somebody would be a moody when being called... I read that they also communicated in the middle of the night.

The thing is, that with the story from “Anonymous”: Max we only hear one side of the story, and to my experience with situations like this there is always something that is not told.

[
+1
THANKS FOR THIS SMART ADVISE!
I AM FRANCK THE OWNER.
I HAVE UPLOADED BELOW A COPY OF THE CHAT I HAD WITH MR MAX AND I WAS NOT INTOXICATED ! (At least this day)
:-))

MY WIFE SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH AND CERTAINLY NOT TOLD MR MAX THAT HE WAS RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES PRIOR TO CHECK THE BIKE.
SHE MANAGE THIS BUSINESS FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS SO SHE IS AWARE ABOUT OUR RESPONSABILITY AND PROBLEMS WE CAN ENCOURE ,ABLE TO ASSIST OUR RIDERS,SHE IS AN EXPERIENCED RIDER TOO , SHE RIDE MY GSXR,TMAX , ER,SHE HAS A LOT OF FUN TO RIDE BKK/CHIANG MAI ON A VERSYS ....

WE ARE BASED IN BKK SI MOST OF OUR COSTUMERS COME FROM THE NET AND BOOK THEIR BIKES FOR LONG TRIP ,THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN PHUKET WHERE COSTUMERS RENT BIKES ALONG THE BEACH TO HAVE RIDE IN PATONG .
SO OUR INTERESTS ARE TO PROVIDE GOOD BIKES ,GOOD SERVICES AND BACK UP.
THIS IS HOW I BUILT BBR SINCE 2009 WITH 2 BIKES ,5 YEARS LATER BBR RUN A FLEET OF BIG BIKES,MAXI SCOOTERS AND SCOOTERS ESTIMATED AT MORE THAN 6 MILLIONS BAHT IN BIKES VALUE.EVERY SEASON MORE TOUR OPERATORS REQUEST OUR SERVICES TO ELABORATE THEIR TOURS.

NO SECRET ,BIKES CHOICES ,DISPONIBILITY AND BACK UP SERVICES MAKE OUR SUCCESS.
OF COURSE WE HAD SOME BAD EXPERIENCE TOO AND MR MAX MIGHT BE UNHAPPY TO LOST A DAY BUT MAINLY START HIS INTERNET FORUM SPREADING BECAUSE I STRAIGHTLY CANCELLED IS CONTRACT AND CONFISCATE THE BIKE DUE TO HIS BEHAVING AND THE FACT THAT HE DIDN'T FOLLOW THE RULES ...

THE MATTER TO BE RUDE IS TO KNOW WHO START TO BE RUDE...
U CAN READ CLEARLY THAT THE COSTUMER START TO MENACE ME :"""we can do this the hard way or polite way
Up to u."".
THEN CALL MY WIFE AT MIDNIGHT BETWEEN 2 CHATS WITH ME AND START TO LET HER KNOW THAT HE WAS KNOWING INFLUENT PEOPLES. ...BLABLA .

WHY NOT CALL ME JERK ,???
JUST ENOUGH GUTS TO CALL A LADY MENACE HER ??

SO THE TEXT MESSAGES CHAT COPY:

PHP Formatted Code
ME:
"""Hi ,I am BBR's owner ,we've got issue today .
Plz let me know ASAP where is actually the bike.
I am gonna manage tonite .Franck """

MR MAX :
At kawaski pataya. Pls ask ur staff. U rented us a broken bike

ME:
Ok ,  I Am bringing an ER6 tonite to exchange with this KLX
BBR staff told me bike was fine , kawa. pattaya advised that engine is fine but the clutch's cable need to be readjusted and gear pedal is  loose and can be changed fast.
On cross bike pedals are common weaks parts that  can break even after checks,I m sure u understood  but apparently refused to change
I'm busy but will come myself with a 650cc to clear  and check the 250,then i will be able to decide who is responsible to pay me back service back up or refund  you.

MR MAX:
Well. It was stuck in 4th gear. And kawaski dtracker usually indestructible. This is very old. It has 40k km. And ur website advertises no bikes older than two years... we can do this the hard way or polite way
 Up to u.

*****OK MISTER MAX START TO IMPRESS ALREADY"""

ME:
Bike was registered on 27/03/11, 2 years and half .. To leave a valid passport Is written on website too .
Rates are displayed too but you hardly negotiate for  fews Baht .
As u re going Chang , u ll certainly break allowed kilo/day once  bike returned and won't pay or while to nego. the 5 baht/kilo as u are dried on budget  even not out of BKK.
I am not after or need money at all but i am after time .And my wife Oye like stay busy with this shop .
We are  glad to help and kind to service whatever it cost me but as I heard and see now u're not ready to accept anything fair .
So I ll manage it my way :

And as i am after time i am not waisting it to go down Pattaya tonite   and ll be in shape for breakfast with my lil kid who's going Back school after long  summer break  this morning .

A Thai friend on his way to pick up the bike now
From Kawa .Tomorrow early ,i will return you all ur bucks or less after my check up.
Send me ur bank A/c number .
If you need renter in Pattaya  I know a lot ... But their bikes aren't managed like we do ...

*****MR MAX CALL MY WIFE NOW ,MENACE HER AND ORDERED A NEW BIKE*****

ME:
Since now talk to me not my wife , I am kind to receive police or assholes at the shop no SOUCY
and i do not need to involve my back up for this kind of matter  ...
I cancel this rental and  Plz i invite u to read contract and rental condition as you read the website and then you will know that I am just following the procedure...
My wife will be kind to answer you morning 8AM, u know already that she 's capable to manage the best for our COSTUMERS...

SO BE INFORMED AND MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN ...

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THESE LOW LIFE , IF THEY LIKE IT , BUT CAME OVER THESE 2 GUYS WHO BARGAIN AND LIES FOR ONLY 1x 250cc/ 2 WEEKS THAT THEY WILL RIDE AND SHARE A TINY SADDLE .....WHAT AN HARD TRIP THAT WE ADVISED THEM .
ADD THE FACT THAT HE WAS NOT AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THE LOOSE CLUTCH CABLE IS AJUSTABLE SUCH HAS NOT STAY STICK IN 4th. GEAR ...AND WE HAVE A REAL ASIAN BIKER !!

A LOT OF CROOKS OVER HERE BUT THERE IS QUITE MORE SCUMBAGS THAT COMING OVER HERE WITH THE IDEA TO SPEND 100$ FOR THEIR HOLIDAYS ASHAME TO ORDER , BARGAIN AND DISRESPECT.

HAVE A GOOD ONE
FRANCK

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 05:13 PM ICT  

Hello Franck,

We want to thank you for your side of the story, as I said before nothing is how it looks if information only comes from one side.

We also want to express that we have never received any complains about your company, and therefore we give more value to your side of the story.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 09:07 PM ICT  

Maybe admin can change the title of the thread to Bangkok Bikes Rental story. Stuff on the internet never goes away so it is unfair to have damaging text forever if there is doubt if the story is not wholly true?

Every rental contract has two sides etc..

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 22 December 2013 @ 09:52 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Maybe admin can change the title of the thread to Bangkok Bikes Rental story. Stuff on the internet never goes away so it is unfair to have damaging text forever if there is doubt if the story is not wholly true?

Every rental contract has two sides etc..

Good idea - Done...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Thursday, 26 December 2013 @ 08:35 AM ICT  

Wow what a rant from a renter. Where I agree the world of motorbike rental is not perfect, I do know a few things.

1.) GT rider only recommends places when it gets a kick back, usually 10% from hotels, bars, and rental companies

2.) Though I live in northern Thailand, Pattaya Kawasaki is easy to find and you can see from miles away. It is on the main drag
ask anyone and everyone knows where it is. So makes these renters suspect

By: ARATour (offline)  Thursday, 05 June 2014 @ 04:26 PM ICT  

You can rent the bike from Asia Riding Adventure co.,ltd

Absolutely new bike, Kawasaki ER6N and Versys The reason of bikes here are new because we are new company.

Like it or not just check it out here www.asiaridingadventure.com/

ARATour

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Phillipe ()  Wednesday, 18 March 2015 @ 03:58 PM ICT  

I rent a scooter there rentascooterbangkok.e-monsite.com/ and it was nice. People very friendly, kind and convenient for you.

By: Anonymous: Max ()  Wednesday, 17 June 2015 @ 12:33 AM ICT  

I posted the original message and just checked back in. Wink

The reply that is posted by Frank is simply false:

- We left our passport.

- We did not ride two people on one bike. We had two bikes, one person on each bike.

- What? LOL! We did not ride to Chiang Mai, but only to Pattaya. Are you drunk again Frank?

- There was no advise that the clutch cable was broken. If it was broken the bike should not be rented?

- The promised Er6n never arrived the next morning. Money never came to given account number. The really rude SMS from Frank's Thai gf were not posted by Frank.

Frank is obviously trying to make his business look better than it is. Just check some other sites and you will find similar horrible stories to mine about this store. There are excellent stores such as asia riding adventures. Go to them.

What I find funny is that motorcycle.in.th agrees to change the title even the web is full of bad reviews for this rental store. Just check facebook or google. And check in which way Frank is replying even in this threat... Is that a reply of a professional business owner? Wink

19 posts :: Page 1 of 2